(KTVI)- It’s time to go driving with Dan Weise in the all new fully redesigned 2015 Lincoln Navigator! The Post-Dispatch automotive writer shows us all of its new features.
Driving With Dan is sponsored by: carsoup.com
2015 Lincoln Navigator:
- The Lincoln Navigator is a real throw-back -- a big, full-size, body-on-frame, truck-based SUV in a world of downsized, unibody, car-based crossover SUVs.
- Although it's virtually unchanged dimensionally and continues to ride a now-7-year-old pickup truck platform, there are numerous new features.
- The biggest change is the engine. In a nod to a demand for better fuel economy, Navigator jettisons its old 5.4-liter V-8 in favor of a 3.5-liter turbocharged V-6 that actually makes more horsepower and torque than did the V-8. It also gets about 12 percent better EPA fuel economy.
- Navigator, for the first time, now offers a techy, self-damping, road-sensing suspension.
- From a styling standpoint, the grille is new, as Navigator adopts the spread-wing motif Lincoln has embraced. Also, the tailgate is new. Otherwise, body-panels are pretty much carried over.
- Our Navigator's luxurious interior is the optional Reserve Package, which pins exotic Ziricote wood to interior surfaces while swathing all eight seats in upscale leather.
- Interestingly, Navigator is the only remaining Lincoln that has a "name." All other Lincolns -- MKZ, MKC, MKS, MKT -- have alpha-designations.