Hotel manager among 6 murdered in St. Louis overnight

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- St. Louis homicide detectives are trying to piece together six separate murders that happened between 7 p.m. Wednesday and 3 a.m. Thursday.  So far there have been three suspects arrested in the five separate shooting incidents.

The manager at the Drury Inn near Hampton Avenue and I-44 was shot to death during a robbery attempt, according to police. They believe the suspects walked into the hotel and demanded money. Police said when the manager refused to comply he was shot in the head. Moments later they raced away from the scene in a black Honda.

There was another murder near Osage and Arkansas around 12:30 a.m. Thursday. A total of two people were shot and found in the street. The second victim is in critical condition. Neighbors said they heard several gunshots and a woman screaming. The suspects were seen running from the area.

There was also a murder at the Southwest Crossing Apartments around 12:30 a.m. Thursday. One man was shot to death in the hallway of the apartment complex located in the 7800 hundred block of Bandero Drive. A 19-year-old black male was taken into custody in this incident.  Police way it was a domestic dispute between a prior boyfriend killing the new boyfriend of a woman.  Another suspect was taken into custody Thursday afternoon after making threats.

There was a murder on Cates Avenue just after 7 p.m. Wednesday. One man was shot to death in the 5000 block. The 34-year-old victim was shot in the chest and left in the street. He was rushed to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. Another man was pronounced dead at the scene.  A suspect was taken into custody near 13th and Chouteau.  The 29-year-old was armed with a silver revolver.

Another person was shot and killed at Tucker and Chouteau in St. Louis at around 8:15am Thursday morning. A car pulled up to another vehicle carrying three passengers.  The driver of the suspect's car knew one of the passengers in the other car.  Words were exchanged before the suspect began shooting.  The driver, Cheri Simpson, was shot in the shoulder and taken to the hospital where she was pronounced deceased.  The front seat passenger was shot in both hands and was taken to the hospital.  The rear passenger was uninjured.    The suspect fled the scene but was captured a short time later.

The shooter in the murder at Tucker and Chouteau was a former boyfriend of one of the victims.  Police are also calling this a domestic dispute.

At this point police have only one suspect in custody for  these murders. It’s unclear if they are connected.

If you have any information call CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS.