Smoke detector saves family as flames rip through home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Members of Robinson family are safe Wednesday, after a fire ripped through their home on Pennsylvania in south St. Louis. The family is safe thanks to smoke detector in the home alerting the family to a fire.

Darrell Robinson told firefighters that his wife’s cousin and three children were in the house at the time of the fire.

Investigators say the fire started in a front room, where children had been playing with a lighter or matches.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.