ST. LOUIS (KTVI) - Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurants is celebrating spring with a new menu.
They are offering almost two dozen items, including the Burrata, Golden Beet & Arugula Bruschetta. Chefs are even willing to share the recipe. But, they are available if you would rather have someone else do the cooking.
Cooper's Hawk Winery
1146 Town & Country Crossing Drive
Town & Country, MO 60317
Burrata, Golden Beet & Arugula Bruschetta
· 1 loaf of soft Italian bread
· 3 Tbsp. ricotta cheese
· 5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
· 3 golden beets
· 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
· 1 tsp water
· 1 pinch kosher salt
· 1 cup baby arugula
· Juice from half of a lemon
· 5 oz. burrata cheese
· Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
· To prepare the roasted beets, rub each beet with olive oil and kosher salt. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast beets in a covered pan for an hour until you can easily stick a knife though. Cool, then use a clean towel to rub off skin. Set aside.
· Slice Italian bread in to half inch thick pieces. Brush both sides of bread with soft butter and grill on both sides until crispy, with visible grill marks.
· Place ricotta cheese in a bowl and whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
· Cut the grilled bread in half and spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on each piece and top with a thin layer of sliced golden beets.
· In a small bowl, combine arugula, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well until even coated. Place salad on top of golden beet slices and press down lightly.
· Cut the burrata into even quarters and delicately place two pieces of burrata per bruschetta.
· Finish with fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.