LIVE VIDEO: Trump and Putin speak during joint press conference in Helsinki

Eat your way to hydration

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- We know that hydrating, especially during the summer months is very important. If you're not one to chug water, there is a way to get your hydration on with food.

Katie Lambert, Dietician at Barnes-Jewish Hospital explains.

The Institute of Medicine recommends that general fluid intake for men be 15+ cups a day, women 11+ cups a day, children aged 9 to 13 7 to 8 cups of fluid per day, and teenagers aged 14 to 18 8 and 11 cups.  About 80% of our water intake comes from what we drink, while the other 20% comes from what we eat.

Foods to eat:

Watermelon

Cucumbers

Celery

Cantaloupe

Various vegetables: bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots