ST. CHARLES COUNTY, MO (KTVI) - Eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 are closed in St. Charles County. This is on a busy travel weekend following the Christmas holiday. The highway is expected to reopen Monday afternoon.
Grab our app here: FOX2Now.com/Apps
Lanes of eastbound I-70 are closed from Highway K to Route 79/Salt Lick Road due to due to flooding of Dardenne Creek and water over the roadway. The ramp from 79 onto eastbound I-70 is also closed.
Traffic is expected to be restricted in the area all day. Drivers should find an alternate route. MoDOT recommends eastbound I-70 drivers exit at eastbound I-64 then use Route 364 eastbound to connect to I- 270 in St. Louis County. From there, drivers can reconnect to I-70.
The flooding has caused St. Charles County to declare a state of emergency. This means that the St. Charles County Police Division of Emergency Management is activated and monitoring the situation.
MoDOT advises drivers to turn their headlights on and watch for water ponding on highways. If a road is closed due to flooding, do not drive through. Turn around and don’t drown.
There are more than 180 roads closed across the state due to flooding.
- For Missouri road closure information: http://traveler.modot.org/map/
- For the latest traffic information head to FOX2now.com/Traffic
A release from St. Charles County says the following roads are expected to be closed through Monday morning:
- I-70 Eastbound between Bryan Road and Mid Rivers Mall Drive, and I-70 Westbound between Route 94 and Route 79.
- On-ramps at I-370 Westbound at I-70; in addition, at Route 141, traffic on I-370 is being diverted onto Route 141 to go onto I-64/40 or Route 364
- Salt River Road between Hwy 79 and Main Street in St. Peters
- Mexico Road at Church Street in St. Peters
Additional road closures:
- Route 94 North - at Harbor Point, West Alton
- Route 94 South - at Defiance
- Route B - at Kampville, between Seeburger and Hayford, between New Town Rd. and Route 94
- Route C - North of St. Peters
- Route D - Closed east of Route DD
- Route H - Between Route 94 and Portage des Sioux
- Route N - Closed at Cottleville between Route K and Weiss Rd.
- Route P between Hyland Green and Route M
- Mette Rd. at the County Line
- Sioux Dr. - PDS
- Washeon Rd.
- Wilson Rd.
- Hawning Rd. - St. Charles
- Fox Hill Rd. - St. Charles