ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KTVI)- Whether you are arguing with a loved one or a stranger, there is a way to handle a difference of opinions.
Melenie Broyles with Etiquette Saint Louis spoke with the Fox 2 team this morning to discuss the best way to handle it.
Tips-Do not feel the need to respond with "No offense but..."
- Do not consider a social conversation a chance to change someone's mind
- Do not interrupt
- Do not assume you know what someone is going to say
- It isn't necessary to say "I disagree"- simply "Okay," or "I disagree"
- It is not necessary to have the final word
On social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Do not point out or tag people who disagree with you
- Do not feel the need to comment on everything
- You will never change someone's mind with only your opinion.