Carbon monoxide overcomes children at pool party

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

PONTOON BEACH, IL (KTVI) - It was quite a scare at a children's birthday party being held in Pontoon Beach Saturday.  Dray Wimberly was holding her 4-year-old daughter's party at the Super 8 Motel on Timberlake Drive.

She had a reservation at a local pool, but it was closed for repair.

She was able find a pool at the Super 8 motel, but during the party 3 kids started getting sick.

It turns out they were getting poisoned by carbon monoxide.

The Mitchel Fire Department was called to the scene, they conducted test for carbon monoxide at the motel.

Parents of the sick children took their kids to the hospital.  They are expected to be okay.

Google Map for coordinates 38.746869 by -90.073378.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.