ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - Ames Visual and Performing Arts Elementary School was evacuated after a complaint about an odor of natural was reported.
The fire department says 350 students were evacuated. Emergency crews took about 40 students to area hospitals for treatment.
Laclede Gas responded and did not find any readings of a natural gas leak in the area. It remains unclear what made the students sick.
The school is located in the 2900 block of Hadley near Interstate 70 and St. Louis Avenue.
According to the fire department, some students were feeling ill.