ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- Georgios Kastanias is the executive chef and sales executive for a local family owned food distribution group, Moore Food. He is also the specialist for the Greek and Mediterranean products of the company. Kastanias was joined by owner Michele Coen-Racanelli and chef Matt Galati from The Dam located in the Tower Grove neighborhood of St. Louis. The Dam uses local, seasonal produce and ingredients. They share space with Amsterdam Tavern, which give you chance to enjoy local beers along with their great food.
Moore Food Distributors has 30 years of service to restaurant operators, hotels, grocery stores, and institutional food service operators in the St. Louis area.
The Dam is known for their sauces. Here are some examples:
- Cheese Ale Spread -Beer and Cheddar whipped with cream cheese and herbs
- Joppiesaus -Curry, onion and jalapenos blended with mayo
- Sweet Chili Mayo-Chili sauce, chili powder with a touch of sugar
- Garlic Mayo -Roasted garlic salt and pepper
- Caper Relish Mayo
- Sriracha mayo
- Spicy BBQ- Sweet baby rays with roasted jalapenos, sriracha, cayenne, and maple syrup
- Honey Curry -Honey, curry and mayo
- Dam Special Sauce - Big Mac sauce but better