ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- Georgios Kastanias is the executive chef and sales executive for a local family owned food distribution group, Moore Food. He is also the specialist for the Greek and Mediterranean products of the company. Kastanias is joined by Chef Benjamin Guthier from Southwest Diner.
Moore Food Distributors has 30 years of service to restaurant operators, hotels, grocery stores, and institutional food service operators in the St. Louis area.
Jonathan's Fiery Scramble and Pico - Southwest Diner
Pico de Gallo
Yields approx. 1/2 Qart
- 2oz., Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5, Roma Tomatoes, Med. Diced
- 1/2, Med. Sized Red Onion, Small Diced
- 2, Jalapenos, Seeded and Finely Diced
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 1/4 Cup, Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- 4, Fresh Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mix vegetables and extra virgin olive oil together in a med. sized mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper, and cilantro to taste.
- Serve chilled.
Fiery Scrambled Eggs
- 1, Table Spoon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12, Med. to Lg. Eggs, Whipped
- 2-3 oz., Sambal Oelek Chili paste, (for desired spiciness)
- 6 oz. Cultured Sour Cream
- 5-6 oz. Shredded Cloby Longhorn Cheese, (for desired cheesiness)
- 1, Green Onion, Thinly Chopped
- Start with the extra virgin olive oil, just enough to keep your frying pan evenly coated.
- On med. heat, scramble eggs to a "little under" desired consistency.
- Cut off the heat, and add the sour cream. Then add the chili paste to your liking, (remember one could always add more spice later)
- Finish with the Cheese.
- Garnish the Fiery Scramble with the green onions.