Carbon monoxide leak discovered near hotel pool in Sunset Hills

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.
SUNSET HILLS, MO (KTVI) - A potentially deadly situation at an area hotel had emergency crews evacuating guests Friday evening.

Laclede Gas, the Melville Fire Protection District, and Sunset Hills Police Department responded to the Hampton Inn at Lindbergh Boulevard amid reports of a carbon monoxide leak.

Three hotel guests were alerted of the leak after spending time in the pool area.

At around 7 p.m., emergency crews were working to ventilate the hotel with large electric fans. Officials at the scene say 30 people were evacuated.

"Any room that we didn't get an answer we went into so we could make sure everything was evacuated," said Deputy Chief Tim Dempsey with the Melville Fire Protection District.

In a tweet Friday night, Laclede Gas wrote the building was safe.

pool

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.