Construction worker burned in Maryville gas line explosion dies
MARYVILLE, IL (KTVI) – A construction worker seriously injured earlier this month in a natural gas line explosion in Maryville has died.
The explosion occurred Wednesday, April 6 at a construction site for a new neighborhood along Route 162, about a mile west of Route 159. A high pressure, steel gas line was ruptured, according to Ameren Illinois.
John Behme, an equipment operator for the construction company working at the site, was badly burned and taken to Anderson Hospital in Maryville before being transferred to Mercy Hospital.