Couple safe after candles start apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- Candles are blamed for an overnight apartment fire near downtown St. Louis. It started around 1:30 a.m. near the intersection of Carr and 16th Street. Authorities say the man and woman who lived there did not have electricity.

Both victims escaped the fire and the man was treated for minor injuries.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.