ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - You should always bring your manners with you! Etiquette is extremely important, and Melanie Broyles with Etiquette St. Louis, is here to discuss the best tips to be nice this summer.
- Pool- Remind your kids to listen to life guards or other people in authority. Stay focused so you can correct them before the guard has to.
- Camp- Include all the kids. Encourage your kids to include others, look for someone who is lonely or maybe did not bring a friend.
- This is a tough one! Remind the kids they should not ask you to have a friend over, go someplace, or buy something in front of others.
- I'm Bored.... Have a jar at home with chores, books to read, or other things your kids can do when they think they are bored.
- College Visits- Parents if you are visiting schools with your high school students, please remember let them do some talking. Your child may be nervous, but they will be attending that school, not you! Let them ask the question that is most important to them! Listen to the student tour guides and be respectful!
To learn the best ways to keep good etiquette, visit etiquettesaintlouis.com