Chicago police to release video of officer-involved shooting
CHICAGO (AP) _ The Chicago Police Department says it will release videos related to last week’s fatal police shooting of an 18-year-old suspect.
Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the videos will be available online at 11 a.m. Friday on the website of the city agency that investigates police misconduct.
Superintendent Eddie Johnson relieved three officers of their police powers after the July 28th shooting after officials said a preliminary determination concluded they had violated department policy.
Earlier this week, the department said it was investigating after it was found that the body camera of an officer involved in the shooting wasn’t recording at the tme.
Autopsy results show that Paul O’Neal, of Chicago, died of a gunshot wound to the back during a stolen vehicle investigation.