Faulty heater leads to carbon monoxide scare in St. Charles County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. _A faulty heater led to a scare this morning in St. Charles County. The Wentzville Fire Department responded to a call around 6:20 a.m. for a carbon monoxide situation at a home on Saddlebrook Court. Two people were taken to the hospital, where they are stable.

According to firefighters, the resident were very lucky the results were not much worse. With this cold weather, many people are firing up their heaters for the first time this season. This is a prime example of why it's important to have your furnace inspected each year and have working carbon monoxide detectors in your home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.