ST. LOUIS, MO — You have until midnight tonight to have your taxes filed. If you need an extension, act now or it could be costly.
The IRS's "failure to file penalty" generally costs about five-percent of your total tax bill. For each month you don't pay after 60-days , the minimum penalty becomes $210, or the full tax amount owed.
Many businesses are offering tax-day discounts freebies.
- Firehouse Subs: Get a free medium sub after purchasing a full price medium or large sub meal through Thursday.
- Great American Cookie Company: Grab a free cookie and cream cookie.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Download the Potbelly app (iPhone/Android) or order online to receive a free sandwich (the free sandwich offer ends when 75,000 sandwiches have been given away). Those already enrolled in Potbelly Perks can enjoy a BOGO Sandwich that will automatically load into the app for redemption on Tax Day (April 17).
- Quiznos: Get a 10.40 percent deduction off any purchase including catering. Also, customers who download the Toasty Points loyalty app will receive a free 4-inch sub upon download.
- Sonic: All day at sonic Score get half-price cheeseburgers on their single patty Sonic burger.
- PF Changs: Get 15-percent off your online order with the code "Taxday."
- Noodles and Company: Get $4 off online orders of at least $10 with code "taxday18" at check out.
- Boston Market: Any guest who dines-in at Boston Market can get a $10.40 tax day meal special that includes a half chicken individual meal with two sides and a drink.
- Chuck-E-Cheese: Buy any large pizza and get one large cheese pizza free through Thursday.