Official Rules -FOX 2’s Father’s Day 2019 Sweepstakes
FOX 2’s Father’s Day 2019 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of entries submitted by an individual entrant.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or older as of June 1, 2019 and reside in the St. Louis, Missouri Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Entrants must have a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account as of June 1, 2019. Void where prohibited. Employees of KTVI, LLC, Live Nation, (the “Sponsor”), and its affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period. For prizes over $600.00 individuals are eligible to win only one prize every 6 months regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 10, 2019 at 4:00 AM CST and ends on June 14, 2019 at 1:00 PM CST (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period due to events beyond its control or for reasons set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, participants go to their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account during the Sweepstakes Period, and post a comment depicting “Father’s Day” with the hash tag #DADismSTL. Only one entry submission per person per day (irrespective of social media website used to enter). Entrants acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entry submissions must be the original creative work of the entrant, must not contain any indecent, obscene or profane content, nor depict any minors. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that the entry submission is his/her own original creation, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, does not violate the rights of any person or entity (including but not limited to privacy rights and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and does not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Entry submissions that do not comply with the Official Rules or the foregoing representations and warranties shall be disqualified. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorney’s fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. No indecent, obscene or profane content, no depiction of minors will be accepted.
- Winner Selection: Entries from each of the social media points of entry will be combined into a single entry pool. Six (6) grand prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries by a member of Sponsor’s staff after close of the Entry Period (that is, after 10:00 AM CST). All entries become the property of FOX 2 and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded and voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account used to enter (as applicable) will be deemed to be the registrant. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including the photo submissions, entrant names, handles or other identifiers, and any other information provided by entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- Prize: Six (6) grand prize winners will be selected to receive a four (4) tickets to one (1) of the below shows at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre. ARV: $150.00
- Santana – July 12th
- Alice Cooper – July 25th
- Peter Frampton – August 4th
- KSHE Pig Roast with SLASH – August 10th
- ZZ Top – September 6th
- Winner Notifications: The Sweepstakes winners will be notified via a direct message on the social media site from which they entered after 10:00 AM CST on June 14, 2019. Subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. If a Sweepstakes winner does not respond within 48 hours of Sponsor’s first notification, that winner will forfeit the prize and another winner may be selected at random from among remaining eligible entries.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household. All winners are subject to verification by KTVI of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at FOX 2, 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. No prize substitutions, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason.
- Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and entry submission, and/or any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Disclaimer: Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
- Taxes: All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
- Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KTVI LLC., Live Nation, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death, invasion of privacy ( under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iv) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof) or (viii) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Choice of Law/Forum: Missouri law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard Missouri’s choice of law rules. The courts of Missouri shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Father’s Day, FOX 2, 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, by July 30, 2019. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST at KPLR 11’s business offices or online at http://www.Fox2Now.com.
- Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Father’s Day, FOX 2, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST after July 30, 2019.