Apartment fire blamed on person smoking while using oxygen

Firefighters in action during an exercise.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Authorities say a person smoking while using oxygen apparently sparked a blaze that forced the partial evacuation of a Springfield apartment building with about 200 units.

KTTS-FM reports that the fire started early Wednesday on the third floor of the Franciscan Villa. One person was rushed to a hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation.

A nonprofit group, called The Kitchen, operates Franciscan Villa as an affordable housing community.
___
Information from: KTTS-FM, http://www.ktts.com

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.