KTVI FOX 2’s “Test Your Wine Knowledge” Quiz
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Eligibility:Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 21 years old or above as of Monday, Aug. 5, 2019 and reside in the St. Louis, Missouri Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Void where prohibited. KTVI FOX 2, LLC and its employees (collectively, the “Sponsor”), and their respective affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, Augusta Winery and its advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Individuals are eligible to win only one KTVI FOX 2 prize within any 30-day period. For prizes over $600.00, individuals are eligible to win only one prize every 6 months regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
- Quiz Period:The Quiz entry period begins on Monday, Aug. 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM CST and endson Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019 on or about 10:00 AM CST (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Quiz Period due to events beyond its control or for reasons set forth herein.
- Quiz Entry:To enter the Quiz, go to the Contest page on http://www.FOX2now.com, and find the “Test Your Wine Knowledge” quiz. After you take the quiz, you will be asked to enter your email address, first name, last name, postal code and birth date on the registration form.Entrants who complete the Quiz registration page are eligible to win a prize from Augusta Winery. Entry constitutes an assignment to Sponsor of all intellectual property rights in the entry materials, if any. Entrants may enter only once throughout the Entry Period with one entry per person, per email address allowed. On Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2019, five grand prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on or about 10:00 AM CST. All entries become the property of KTVI FOX 2 and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Quiz more than once throughout the Entry Period. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Only one prize per person, household, or email address allowed. Duplicate entries will not be accepted except as set forth herein.
- Prize:One (1) winner will receive one (1) gift certificate that is good for up to 10 people for an After-Hours Private Tasting Party at Augusta Winery. Eight (8) winners will receive eight (8) runner-up prize certificates that are good for up to four (4) people for Premium Tastings at Augusta Winery. Retail value: $250 for the Private Tasting and $32 for the Premium Tasting.
- Winner Notifications: The Quiz prize winner will be notified via e-mail provided on the winner’s official entry after 10:00 AM CST on Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019. Winners must have a valid email address where they can be notified, or Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another winner. If the prize winner does not respond within 48 hours, that winner will forfeit the prize and another winner will be selected.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions:Only one winner per household. All winners are subject to verification by KTVI FOX 2 of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at KTVI FOX 2. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 21 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Publicity Release:By participating in the Quiz, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Quiz constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer:Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Quiz, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Quiz. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Quiz if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS QUIZ, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE QUIZ IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE QUIZ OR ANY OTHER QUIZ.
- Taxes:Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KTVI FOX 2 and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
- Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Quiz, (b) the Quiz or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Quiz becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Quiz is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Quiz in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Quiz shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Quiz. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Quiz and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless:By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KTVI FOX 2, LLC, and its respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Quiz or any Quiz-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Quiz, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Quiz, including attorneys’ fees.
- Limitation of Liability:The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Quiz or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Quiz, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Choice of Law/Forum:All entrants agree, by participation in the Quiz, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri. Missouri law shall govern this Quiz, without regard Missouri’s choice of law rules. The courts of Missouri shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Quiz.
- Official Rules:To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Test Your Wine Knowledge Quiz, KTVI FOX 2, 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, by Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST at KTVI FOX 2’s business offices or online at www.FOX2now.com.
- Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Test Your Wine Knowledge Quiz, KTVI FOX 2, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST after Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019.
- Compliance with Law:The conduct of the Quiz is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Quiz.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.