Wash U Medical Campus employees and patients self-evacuate after spotting smoke

ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Employees and patients on the Washington University Medical Campus self-evacuated Tuesday afternoon. Smoke was spotted on the seventh floor of the Center for Outpatient Health. There was smoke but no fire after a transformer malfunctioned.

St. Louis Fire Captain Garon Mosby tells FOX 2 that the electricity was shut off to the floor and the employees self-evacuated. Full electrical power has been restored and all clinical operations have returned to normal.

The St. Louis Fire Department says that the situation is under control.  There does not appear to be a fire in the hospital.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.