2019 FOX 2/KPLR 11 PICK YOUR CAR, TRUCK OR SUV SWEEPSTAKES
- Sponsors. This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by KTVI and KPLR (“Station”), 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, and Bommarito Automotive Group, 15736 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011, Ashely Furniture Inc 14101 Manchester Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011and Goldblatt & Singer Law Firm 8182 Maryland Avenue, Suite 801, St. Louis, MO 63105 (collectively, the “Sponsor(s)”). This Sweepstakes is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal U.S. residents who reside within KTVI and KPLR viewing area and who are at least 18 years of age, with a valid domestic driver’s license, at the time of entry. Current or former employees of KTVI or KPLR, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in the KTVI and KPLR viewing areas, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes Sweepstakes materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Semi-finalist winners must be able and willing to 1) attend the grand prize random drawing event scheduled for 5:00 p.m. CT on January 29, 2020 at Bommarito Automotive Group, 15736 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011, and 2) appear live on the air with KTVI’s FOX2 News during that random drawing event. In the instance of inclement weather or other unanticipated circumstances, the grand prize random drawing event may be held at the Station’s studio, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146.
Participants are eligible to win a KTVI or KPLR contest or sweepstakes only once (1) every 60 days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once (1) every six (6) months.
- Entry. This Sweepstakes will accept entries beginning on November 14, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. CT and ending on January 17, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CT. To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must visit https://fox2now.com/category/contests to submit the entry form Entrants must include their name, phone number, e-mail address and date of birth in order to enter. Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be received by January 17, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CT. Ten (10) entries per person. Multiple entries, beyond the ten (10) per person limit, will be disqualified.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for technical or computer, telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
An entrant may use only one email address to submit entries during the Sweepstakes. If an entrant uses multiple email addresses to submit more than one entry per day, the entrant will be disqualified. For entries submitted online, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning the e-mail address or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by the Sponsor(s)) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor(s) determine(s), in its/their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor(s)) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at https://fox2now.com/ and/or https://kplr11.com/. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE OR SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize(s). There will be three (3) winners, including three (3) semi-finalists and one (1) grand prize winner – selected from amongst the semi-finalists, in this Sweepstakes.
On January, 21, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CT, three (3) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and notified they won by phone and by e-mail. Each semi-finalist will receive an opportunity to participate in the grand prize random drawing to be held on location at Bommarito Automotive Group, 15736 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011.
As detailed above, semi-finalist winners must be able and willing to 1) attend the grand prize random drawing event scheduled for 5:00 p.m. CT on January 29, 2020 at Bommarito Automotive Group, 15736 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011, and 2) appear live on the air with KTVI’s FOX2 News during that grand prize random drawing event.
The semi-finalist winners agree to comply with and conform to generally accepted broadcast standards with regard to conduct, dress and language during their appearances on KTVI, and such compliance will be determined by KTVI staff in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to reschedule the date and location of the grand prize drawing event due to breaking news, technical problems or unforeseen scheduling conflicts. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the grand prize drawing event without broadcasting it on television, or to record the grand prize drawing event and broadcast it on a later date.
In the instance of inclement weather or other unanticipated circumstances, the grand prize random drawing event may be held at the Station’s studio, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146.
The semi-finalist winners will be contacted by a representative of the Sponsors and must reply within TWO (2) hours to maintain eligibility.
If a potential semi-finalist winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such semi-finalist winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to choose another potential winner by the process referred to above.
On January 29, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. CT, the grand prize random drawing event will commence, and the grand prize winner will be randomly selected from amongst the three (3) semi-finalist winners.
The grand prize winner must be present to win.
The grand prize winner will receive a choice of one (1) of the vehicles listed below:
- 2020 GMC Terrain SLE – Summit White MSRP: $30,885
- 2019 VW Passat SE R-Line – Reflex Silver MSRP: $31,860
- 2019 Toyota Tacoma 4×4 – Midnight Black MSRP: $33,092
Winner will be responsible for vehicle taxes which will be calculated based on the vehicle’s MSRP.
All results are unofficial until winner(s) is/are verified by the Sponsor(s). Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The grand prize winner must claim the prize in-person at Bommarito Audi, 15736 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011 Winner must take delivery of the prize by 4:00 p.m. CT on February 3, 2020 or it/they will be forfeited. Winner will be required to provide a valid government issued photo identification card and a valid driver’s license and evidence of any legally required insurance to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize(s). The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner(s) to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize(s). Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive an IRS 1099 Form or equivalent from the Sponsor(s). The Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsor(s) in order to receive their prize(s).
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), the Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Sweepstakes winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsor(s) will not be responsible for failure to supply the prize(s) by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor(s).
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on https://fox2now.com/ and/or https://kplr11.com/, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the winner(s).
- Social Media. For contests or sweepstakes conducted or promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, or any other social media website (each a “Social Media Site” and collectively the “Social Media Sites”), the Sponsors reserve the right to void any entrant’s entry in the Sweepstakes for failure to abide by the guidelines, policies, or procedures of the applicable Social Media Site, and to delete or remove any of entrant’s related “Likes,” comments, posts, tweets, videos, photos, user generated content, or other electronic messages, communications, or submissions at their discretion. The Sponsors also reserve the right to block, ignore, report, and/or completely prevent any entrant, account, user, or profile from accessing the Sweepstakes and/or the Sponsors’ profile(s), account(s), website(s), blog(s) or handle(s). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Sites. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Social Media Sites harmless from any or all claims, liability, damages, judgments, fines, costs, expenses related to or associated with their participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants understand that by logging-in to the applicable Social Media Site, that they agree to comply with the Social Media Site’s Terms of Service, and that their personal information is subject to the Privacy Policies and information collection practices of the Social Media Site. Entrants agree that the Sponsors are not responsible for the collection, disclosure, transfer, or dissemination of their personal information, whether directly or indirectly, by third party advertisers, marketers, or any other transferees. For entries submitted through the Social Media Sites, the Sponsors may be limited to using the information in a manner set forth by the Social Media Sites and in no other way.
- Limitation on Liability. Sponsor(s) disclaim(s) all liabilities to the winner(s) with respect to receipt and use of the prize(s). Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize(s), agree to release and hold the Sponsor(s) and its/their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Sweepstakes or prize-related activity.
- Reservation of Rights. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.fox2now.com or www.kplr11.com.
- Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Sweepstakes, please contact KTVI/KPLR at 2250 Ball Drive St. Louis, MO 63146. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please go to https://kplr11.com/category/contests or https://fox2now.com/category/contests or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTVI/KPLR Car Sweepstakes, 2250 Ball Drive St. Louis, MO 63146, within sixty (60) days of the end of this Sweepstakes.
2019 FOX 2/KPLR 11 PICK YOUR CHARITY, PICK YOUR CAR SWEEPSTAKES
Entrants must be legal U.S. residents, 18+, with a valid domestic driver’s license, who reside within the KTVI or KPLR viewing areas. Void elsewhere & where prohibited. Entry runs from 11/14/19 at 7am CT to 1/17/20 at 12pm CT. You may enter with or without donation. Go online at https://fox2now.com/ and/or https://kplr11.com/ to enter your name, address, phone #s & DOB on entry form. Limit ten (10) entries total per person. Three (3) semi-finalists and one (1) grand prize winner, from amongst semi-finalists, selected by random drawing & all semi-finalist must be present at the grand prize drawing event on1/29/20 to win.. Overall odds to win depend on # of eligible entries. Grand Prize is winner’s choice of 2020 GMC Terrain, ARV $30,885 OR 2019 VW Passat, ARV $31,860 OR 2019 Toyota Tacoma $33,092. Official Rules at https://fox2now.com/www.fox2now.com and/or https://kplr11.com/www.kplr11.com. Sponsors: KTVI, LLC & KPLR, LLC, 2250 Ball Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146 and Bommarito Automotive Group.