ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI)- The Cardinals celebrated opening day at Busch Stadium yesterday, meaning that St. Louis baseball season is now in full-swing. But as with any sport, that means unruly crowds in the stands.
Melenie Broyles with Etiquette Saint Louis stopped by the Fox 2 studio this morning with some common courtesy tips to make sure you aren't "that person" when cheering for your team this season.
Tips when attending sporting events:
- Show up early so you are not interrupting other people around your seats
- Sport your favorite team's attire, but avoid wearing a team that isn't playing this game
- Stand when the crowd is standing, not because you need to stretch.
- Avoid being a negative fan. A basic groan or disappointment is fine, but watch for the line.
- Clean up the trash at your seat
- Have fun with rival fans, but don't take that rivalry too seriously.
- Always cheer for the Redbirds!