(KTVI) – College students have enough to juggle when it comes to school, work and their social life. Fighting fraud often doesn’t make their list of priorities, but college students are susceptible to identity theft.
Chris Thetford from the Better Business Bureau gives us seven simple steps students can take to protect themselves on campus.
* School mailboxes are not always secure
* Important documents should be stored under lock and key
* Never lend your credit/debit card to anyone
* Make sure your computer has up-to-date anti-virus and spyware software
* Always check your credit/debit card statements closely
* When shopping on unfamiliar websites, always check out the company with the BBB
* Check your credit report at least once a year