(KTVI) – Spring officially starts Wednesday. The house has been closed up and that’s the perfect opportunity for germs to live and grow.
Time for Spring cleaning! Germ expert Donna DuBerg from SLU talks about the best way to fresh our home.
Here are some tips if you’re ready to get started:
1. Don’t over do it, don’t use too many cleaners. And get some gloves.
2. Keep windows open/fans going
3. Someone sick in house? Wipe the areas of the bathroom frequently if someone using them is sick. Instead of using a cloth towel to dry hands, offer the person paper towels to limit the spread of germs.
4. Bleach it right: Use bleach to kill germs when someone in the house is ill. After using 10 percent bleach solution, remember to wash the surface with hot, soapy water as bleach is not safe for children and pets. Also, bleach solutions need to be made fresh and used within 24 hours.
5. Vinegar, when mixed with water can do wonders for the surfaces. Vinegar is inexpensive, is not harmful to kids and pets and always leaves a shine.
To read more tips from Donna DuBerg on Spring Cleaning, click here.