(KTVI) - St. Louis has a love affair with the Corvette. It was produced here from 1968 to 1981 before it moved on to Bowling Green, Ky. The 2014 Corvette is the 7th generation. The first corvette debuted in 1953 and was named after a small naval warship.
Dan Wiese took John Pertzborn for a ride in the 2014 Corvette. Car Soup sponsors Driving with Dan.
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible:
- Drive Format: Rear-wheel drive
- Base Price: Base: $59,795; Z51: $63,785
- Price as Driven: $77,565; a Z51 convertible with $14,570 worth of options; among them: $8,005 3LT Preferred Equipment Group (seat upgrade, including heat and ventilation, Premium Bose Audio, Napa leather, navigation, head-up display, more), $1,795 Magnetic Ride Control, $1,195 Performance Exhaust, more
- Engine: 6.2-liter V-8Horsepower: 455 at 6000 rpm (460 hp with Performance Exhaust option)
- Torque: 460 lb.-ft. at 4600 rpm (465 lb.-ft. with Performance Exhaust option)
- Recommended Fule: Premium, but regular acceptable
- Transmission: Seven-speed manual or six-speed paddle-shift automatic
- Suspension: Fully independent; Magnetic Selective Ride Control optional
- Brakes: Four-wheel disc, ABS, traction and stability control
- EPA MPG: Manual: 17 city/29 hwy/21 combined; automatic: 16/20/28
- Trunk: 10 cu. ft.