(KTVI) – Dan Wiese a “Hot Rodder”? Yes. Dan shows us the new Audi SQ5. It’s the new high-performance version of the Audi Q5 compact crossover SUV.
SQ5 is the hot-rod version of Audi’s Q5 line. Making its U.S. debut for 2014, it’s the first high-performance “S” variant for any U.S.-market Audi Q (crossover).
· Like the S4 sedan and S5 coupe/convertible, this hot “S” crossover uses a supercharged V-6 that, here, makes 354 hp and 347 lb.-ft. of torque — lofty numbers, indeed, for a compact crossover.
· Zero-to-60 mph is about 5 seconds in this all-wheel drive crossover. Top speed is 155 mph.
· The SQ5 comes with a performance-tuned suspension and 20-inch wheels, which can be optioned up to 21s, xenon headlights, leather and faux-suede upholstery and signature S trim elements throughout the cabin.
· Folding the rear seats yields 57 cubic feet of cargo space, a bit below average for the segment.
· The non-“S” Q5 is available with a 220-hp, 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4; a 272-hp, 3.0-liter supercharged V-6; a 240-hp diesel; and a 245-hp hybrid drivetrain.
· All Q5s feature a roof rack detection system that is linked to the Electronic Stability Control system. When the crossbars are installed, a signal is sent to the ESC computer that adjusts driving dynamics to the “new” center of gravity. When the crossbars are not installed, the ESC program adjusts dynamics to allow for more enthusiastic driving.