The FBI, AARP and AAA have tips on their websites to help keep you and your valuables safe while on vacations. Here are some of them:
- Temporarily stop delivery
- Do not post travel plans on social media sites
- Clean out wallet of unnecessary credit cards and IDs. Take only what you need.
- Watch for skimming devices on ATMs at gas stations and other points of sale.
- Photocopy both sides of credit, debit, ATM cards, driver's license and social security card
- Don't leave valuables out in the open in hotel rooms.
- What for pick pockets. Close your purse, carry your wallet in your front pocket.
- Never give credit card or any other info out over your hotel phone. ID thieves pretend to be the front desk clerk asking for info.