(KTVI) - Patricia Moore from Reflections Make Up Artistry was on the 11:00 am show to talk about make up tips for prom and spring dance season. Ms. Moore listed 5 reasons for taking care of your skin before prom:
Here are some of the top beauty tips:
1) Confidence and Self Esteem: Beauty begins on the inside. You can’t cover up damaged goods. Confidence is what gets you noticed, and self esteem is what gives you confidence. Try new things and get out of your comfort zone.
2) Take care of your skin: Know what type of skin you have, oily, sensitive, dry, combination or normal. Find products targeted towards your skin type and that fits within your daily routine (e.g. if you don’t leave a lot of time for getting ready in the morning, get a two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator).
3) Find the best makeup for your skin: the secret is to make it look like you're wearing hardly any makeup. To avoid the pancake batter look, only apply foundation on the areas of skin that are discolored or have blemishes (usually the forehead, cheeks and chin). Make sure to choose a foundation that perfectly matches your skin and blend in well along the jaw line.
4) Focus on your best asset: Whether its homecoming, prom or graduation it’s already stressful enough without the layers upon layers of make up. What do people compliment you on the most? Pick that area to focus on (i.e. eyes or your mouth) and downplay what you rejected.
a) If you choose to focus on your lips, you'll want to go bright. Red is hot for prom, as are dark pinks. If you want to play up your eyes, go all out with liner, shadow, mascara and even false eyelashes (the ones that AREN'T obnoxious and outlandish). Just make sure you stick with light lips capped with a light gloss.
5) Consult a professional: A good trick for those of us overwhelmed with hair and makeup choices is to find a good hair stylist or makeup artist in your area and try out some different looks. Professionals are trained and can suggest the right look and products for you.