(KTVI) - Beginning Monday, hot spot crime areas will be the focus of “SIRV.” SIRV stands for the St. Louis Initiative to Reduce Violence.
Pastor B.T. Rice of the New Horizon Christian Church stopped by to discuss the program, a grass roots effort that is different from other attempts to stop violent crime.
SIRV endeavors to increase community safety, engage youth to build trust and increase the quality of life for families and communities.
Find out more: www.SIRVstl.org
SIRV will use a multi-level approach to solving the problem of violence in the St. Louis region by leveraging resources at the local, state and national levels.
SIRV has established several task force groups within the Board of Directors aimed at achieving these goals:
- Reduce Violence Task Force: Leverages law enforcement, court, and community relationships to reduce overall violent crime.
- Faith-Based Task Force: Engages faith-based leaders and organizations in SIRV`s mission.
- New Hope Task Force: Reaches out to children and teens through schools to demonstrate alternatives to violence.
- Business Task Force: Creates relationships in the business community and informs them about the mission of SIRV.
- Behavioral Health Task Force: Works to understand the role of behavioral health in violence, and how we can improve mental health services in our community.
- Finance Task Force: Responsible for fundraising and budgeting for the organization.
- Hot Spot Policing Initiative Expands To County