ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Looking for some barbecue goodness this month? The second annual Q in the Lou will host nine of the country’s top barbecue pit masters.
Mike Emerson from Pappy’s will be one of the pit masters competing at the event. He visits Fox 2 News in the Morning to showcase what Pappy’s will be bringing to the table, so-to-speak.
The event is free, but a portion of the proceeds of this event are going to the St. Louis Area Food Bank.
Representatives from the following barbecue establishments will be in town:
• Cary Bringle, Pegleg Porker (Nashville, TN)
• John David Wheeler, Memphis BBQ Co. (Memphis, TN) *Four-time Memphis in May Grand Champion
• Mike Emerson, Pappy’s Smokehouse (St. Louis, MO)
• Mike Johnson, Sugarfire Smoke House (St. Louis, MO)
• Brad and Brooke Orrison, The Shed Barbecue and Blues Joint (Ocean City, MS) *2015 Memphis in May Grand Champions
• Garry Roark and Leslie Roark Scott, Ubons Barbeque (Yazoo City, MS) *129 Top 10 Finishes
• Scott Roberts, The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Austin, TX)
• Tom Schmidt, Salt + Smoke (St. Louis, MO)
• Big Moe Cason, Ponderosa BBQ Company (Des Moines, IA)