(STLMoms) – There will be a lot of barbeques this holiday weekend and that food can be “finger licking good.” Does that mean we should go for it? Melenie Broyles with Etiquette Saint Louis stops by to share some BBQ manners before you decide to dig in!
1. BBQ- This rule will never be followed perfectly but nothing is finger licking good, always use a napkin.
2. Remind them to use please and thank you when asking for something.
3. Napkin always goes in the lap, not tucked in the shirt or around the neck like a bib.
4. Hold utensils like a pencil not a shovel or a weapon.
5. Offer to help clean up any mess that is made.
6. Parents- offer to bring something to contribute to the bbq, if the host says just bring yourself, then bring a hostess gift.
7. Watch your kids so other people do not feel compelled to discipline and make you and your kids know the rules of the host.
For more information visit: Melenie Broyles, Etiquette Saint Louis