ST. LOUIS, Mo. – Summer is the season for taking trips. With all of the excitement of planning and taking a vacation, it’s important to make sure that consumers are aware of potential scams when deals seem too good to be true.
The Better Business Bureau received more than 5,000 complaints in 2018 concerning travel agencies and services.
Don O’Brien, with the Better Business Bureau, is here to talk about what you can look out for when planning your next trip.
Some tips when looking for travel deals:
- Book through a reliable travel agent or travel site
- Get details about your trip in writing
- Pay with a credit card when making purchases
- Consider buying travel insurance
- Be cautious about deals and be wary about claims that you “won” a trip
You can verify the reputation of a travel site by going to: bbb.org