Waitress Pie Recipe Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 21 years old or above, as determined by KTVI FOX 2 and reside in the St. Louis, Missouri Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by The Nielsen Company. Entrants must have a valid Facebook account as of February 1, 2019. Void where prohibited and outside the St. Louis DMA. Employees of KTVI, LLC, (the “Sponsor”), Fabulous Fox Theatre, and of their affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period. For prizes over $600.00 individuals are eligible to win only one prize every 6 months regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on or around Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:00 AM CST and ends on March 15, 2019, at 10:00AM CST. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period.
- Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, local businesses within the St. Louis DMA may enter online at www.fox2now.com/Contest, by completing the online application entry form as instructed and each applicant must include a photo and outline a recipe of their original pie. All applications become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entry submissions must be the original creative work of the entrant, must not contain any indecent, obscene or profane content, nor depict any minors. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that the entry submission is his/her own original creation, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, does not violate the rights of any person or entity (including but not limited to privacy rights and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and does not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Entry submissions that do not comply with the Official Rules or the foregoing representations and warranties shall be disqualified. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorney’s fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. No indecent, obscene or profane content, no depiction of minors will be accepted.
On or about Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 10:00AM CST, three entrants will be selected by their ability to communicate the pie ingredients and the image of the pie itself. Finalists will be contacted on or around Wednesday, March 6, 2019 via phone and email.
Between March 7, 2019 at 9:00AM CST and March 14, 2019 at 9:00AM CST viewers will be invited to vote on their favorite pie recipe! Three finalists will then appear on FOX 2 News in the Morning the week of March 11 – 14, 2019 between 9am – 10am CST to showcase their pie recipe on air and encourage votes online. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be announced live on FOX 2 News in the Morning on Friday, March 15, 2019 between 9am -10am CST>
By entering the contest, you agree to the Contest period outline dates and all on-air appearances outlined here:
March 11, 2019: Finalist must send at least (1) representative to FOX 2 for a live appearance between 9am – 10am CST
March 12, 2019: Finalist must send at least (1) representative to FOX 2 for a live appearance between 9am – 10am CST
March 13, 2019: Finalist must send at least (1) representative to FOX 2 for a live appearance between 9am – 10am CST
March 15, 2019: Grand prize announcement live on FOX 2. Final three (3) bakers must appear on FOX 2 at a time between 9:00am – 10:00am CST.
All entries become the property of KTVI FOX 2 and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Contest more than once. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Only one prize per person, household, or email address allowed. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
- Prize: Two finalists will receive a pair (2) of tickets to Waitress the Musical at the Fabulous Fox Theatre on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 7:30pm. One (1) grand prize participant will receive four (4) tickets to Waitress the Musical at the Fabulous Fox Theatre on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 plus, their recipe will be printed in the Waitress Cookbook available for sale on-site at the Fabulous Fox Theatre during the show dates March 26, 2019 through April 7, 2019.
- Winner Notifications: The Contest winners will be announced live on FOX 2 on or around March 15, 2019. The final two participants must appear on FOX 2 for live announcement on March 15, 2019.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Publicity Release: By participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Contest constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST.
- Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KTVI FOX 2, LLC, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
- Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KTVI FOX 2, LLC, Tribune Media, Fabulous Fox Theatre and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, including attorneys’ fees.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri. Missouri law shall govern this Contest, without regard Missouri’s choice of law rules. The courts of Missouri shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest.
- Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTVI FOX 2, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, by March 15, 2019. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (9:00AM-5:00PM CST) at KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11’s business offices or online at www.fox2now.com.
- Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (9:00AM – 5:00PM CST) after March 15, 2019.
- Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.