1 person dead after fire at Hannibal apartment complex

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
HANNIBAL, Mo. – A cigarette is blamed for a fire at a northeast Missouri public housing complex that killed one person.

The Hannibal Courier-Post reports that the fire broke out early Saturday at the Hannibal Housing Authority High Rise Apartments near downtown. The victim’s name has not been released. No one else was hurt.

Fire officials say the blaze was determined to be an accident caused by smoking. The fire was contained to one room.

Hannibal, with about 17,500 residents, is about 120 miles north of St. Louis.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News