HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The racing community is mourning the death of Balluzzo from injuries sustained during a crash at Saturday night’s modified feature at Langley Speedway.
Balluzzo was a 10-time champion at Langley Speedway.
A statement from Virginia Motor Speedway remembers Balluzzo as a chamption both on and off the track.
“He won the hearts of our fans with 11 track championships and a driving style that made him one of the most respected competitors we’ve ever known.”
Balluzzo was featured in a story by WAVY News 10’s Nathan Epstein last year after his daughter was diagnosed with pediatric Leukemia.
This is breaking news and will updated throughout the day.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Clear masks for the deaf being crafted in Lafayette
- LaGrange woman hospitalized after being beaten and set on fire, ex-boyfriend arrested and charged in attack
- Beaches, Parks close at midnight and residents aren’t happy
- Yosemite officials urge hikers to stay hydrated in summer heat following wave of heat-related incidents
- Former U of U police officer involved in McCluskey case fired from Logan City Police Department