ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- Chef Nesee supports families with food giveaways during the pandemic
- You may not have to pay back your stimulus checks, but there are more tax changes coming
- State Farm Agent creates podcast to help families gain and manage wealth
- Newsfeed Now: The race to get vaccinations ahead of COVID variants, fan scores with TikTok NFL style reviews
- Girl Scouts helping to provide computers to Southern Illinois residents