ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- Americans are moving around too much and taking coronavirus with them, expert says
- Mock gallows, tear gas and flying rocks. Beirut erupts in violent protest days after blast
- Instacart went on a hiring spree. These workers got squeezed
- Free speech experts call on public schools to not penalize students for sharing images of maskless classmates