CLAYTON, MO. (KTVI) – At least 25 Missourians have been exposed to potentially toxic mushrooms, according to the Missouri Poison Center. Mushrooms that are found in yards, fields or forests can be toxic.
“There are some that are okay, but it is too hard for the average person to tell which ones are toxic,” Dr. Anthony Scalzo said.
Dr. Scalzo told FOX 2 people should put on gloves and get rid of any mushrooms in their yards.
“That is the best advice I can give,” he said “They can make you vomit, hallucinate and cause liver failure.”
For more information, visit the Missouri Poison Center.