4 families displaced by townhouse fire in East Belleville

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BELLEVILLE, IL – Four families are homeless Tuesday night after a late afternoon fire destroys a townhouse in Belleville.  The East Side Volunteer Fire Department of Belleville responded to the fire located on Sarpy Road.

Firefighters arriving on the scene were told the blaze was started by a grease fire and had spread throughout the townhouse.  A mutual aid call was put out, with additional units from the Swansea, Belleville and O’Fallon IL Fire Departments responding.

The fire was brought under control, requiring additional time to knock down the fire in the attic of the complex.

No one was injured in the fire.

An investigation into the fire has been started.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News