Faulty Dishwasher Causes $70,000 In Damages To Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ST. PETERS, MO. (KTVI) - A fire that caused serious damage to a home in St. Peters is being blamed on a faulty dishwasher.

On the day before thanksgiving the fire caused about $70,000 dollars in damage to the two story home on Hidden Lake Drive.  The homeowner left in the morning with no clue that a running dishwasher inside the house was a fire waiting to happen.

An investigation by Central County Fire and Rescue discovered that the appliance was part of a recall, because an electrical component in the dishwashers could overheat and cause a fire.

Fire officials say no one was hurt in the fire, but it points out the importance of registering every electrical appliance you bring into your home.

The consumer product safety commission provides regular product recall information on its website.

Link: Consumer Product Safety Commission

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News