(KTVI) – Ameren crews lined the Page Avenue Extension Friday with cherry pickers hoisting American flags and banners. It was all to honor a fallen college. Dave Burns, 50, was electrocuted while working at the 3500 block of San Jose Lane in St. Ann following the severe weather of April 10, 2013.
The tribute was along the route from the funeral home to the cemetery.
Burns was rushed to DePaul Health Center but he did not survive. Ameren officials say it’s a tragic loss for friends and family.
There were 43,000 customers out of power at because of storms hitting the area last week.
Previous story: Ameren Worker Killed While Trying to Restore Power