Apartment fire blamed on person smoking while using oxygen

News

Firefighters in action during an exercise.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Authorities say a person smoking while using oxygen apparently sparked a blaze that forced the partial evacuation of a Springfield apartment building with about 200 units.

KTTS-FM reports that the fire started early Wednesday on the third floor of the Franciscan Villa. One person was rushed to a hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation.

A nonprofit group, called The Kitchen, operates Franciscan Villa as an affordable housing community.
___
Information from: KTTS-FM, http://www.ktts.com

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News