ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – “America is in Your Hands.” That’s the slogan for Anheuser-Busch’s upcoming summer ad campaign, which will see the brewer make several patriotic tweaks to its labeling on Budweiser cans and bottles.
The advertising campaign launches June 1 with a new commercial, as well as billboards and other select online promotions, but the cans and bottles will be available as early as May 23.
A promotional image obtained by our partners at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shows off the new changes:
– The word “America” replaces “Budweiser”
– The famed “King of Beers” motto is switched out for “E Pluribus Unum” (the nation’s motto)
– The “A-B” logo/crest will be changed to display “US”
– The trademark has been changed to read “Indivisible since 1776”
– The lyrics to the “Star Spangled Banner” will now appear in the banner at the top of the label
The ‘America’ labeling will be discontinued following the November presidential election.
Meanwhile, Anheuser-Busch also plans to add an image of the Statue of Liberty’s torch on Budweiser cans and bottles in support of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams. Those cans and bottles are expected to appear in stores later this month.