Carpentersville man pleads guilty to bomb threats

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. CHARLES, Ill. (AP) _ A Carpentersville man has pleaded guilty to making bomb threats against court facilities in Kane County last year.

The Kane County state’s attorney said Monday that 22-year-old Akiel W. Davis pleaded guilty Friday to felony counts of unlawful possession of a stolen motor vehicle, burglary and disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to eight years in prison.

Prosecutors say Davis called 911 on Sept. 4, 2013, and falsely said four bombs were hidden at the Kane County Judicial Center. They say he also called the court clerk and said many people in Kane County would die.

The court buildings were evacuated for several hours.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News