ST. LOUIS – Coronavirus cases in Missouri and Illinois pass troubling milestones as more deaths are reported on both sides of the river. The numbers continuing to show the major impact that the virus is having in our area. One sad highlight Thursday morning is eight additional deaths being reported in the St. Louis area from the coronavirus.
Missouri is officially reporting 3,327 cases, nearly 300 more than the day before. Our latest count shows at least 81 deaths across the state.
Illinois cases stand at 15,078 with 462 deaths. 1,529 new cases and 82 additional deaths were reported yesterday in Illinois.
Authorities tell us 40 COVID patients were released from St. Louis area hospitals earlier this week. But they say we are still in the steep part of the curve with overall cases increasing.
Local coronavirus cases:
- St. Louis city has 514 cases with 12 deaths.
- St. Louis County has 1,337 cases and 28 deaths, two more deaths were added today.
- St. Charles County has had another death. There are now ten deaths there and 283 total cases.
- Jefferson County has 95 cases and two deaths.
- Franklin County confirms 65 cases and three deaths.
- Perry County still has 31 cases.
- Lincoln County has 25 cases and one death.
- St. Francois County has 19 cases with one death while warren county reports 13 cases.
- Ste. Genevieve County has six cases and one death.
- Pike County has five cases while Gasconade has two.
- St. Clair County now has 127 cases and two additional deaths, bringing the total amount of deaths there to six.
- Madison County is reporting its second death with 85 total cases.
- Randolph County has 32 cases.
- Clinton County has 30 cases while Monroe County is at 21 cases still with one death.
- Macoupin County has 10 cases.
- Marion County has seven confirmed cases.
- Montogmery County has five cases and one death.
- Jersey County also has five cases.