Dine-out event to help family of injured Menards worker

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BALLWIN, MO – The owner of Candicci’s Restaurant in Ballwin will donate 10% of Tuesday night’s sales to the family of an injured Menards worker.  Friends of Michelle Arthur say her long term medical needs are not yet known but they want to offer her family some immediate support.  Tuesday’s dine-out fundraiser will run from 5pm until the restaurant closes.

Arthur was critically injured when a suspected shoplifter struck her on the parking lot of the Menards where she worked as a manager last month.  A suspect has been charged.  Dine-out organizers are hoping for a big turnout Tuesday night.

“I hope that everyone comes here and enjoys themselves and realizes that we’re doing this for a family in need right now,” said Bob Diamante.  He’s one of Arthur’s co-workers and asked the owner of Candicci’s to host the dine-out event.

“I’m doing it because someone is in need,” said Candicci’s owner Bob Candice.  Candicci’s has hosted other dine-out fundraisers before and the owner says knowing that Arthur’s husband is a firefighter gave him another reason to donate 10% of Tuesday night’s sales.

“If I can help, I want to help,” said Candice.

Candicci’s is located at 100 Holloway Rd., Ballwin, Mo 63011.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News