Early morning fire leaves couple without home in Ballwin

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

BALLWIN, MO (KTVI) – There was a rude awakening for a couple in Ballwin, Missouri, when fire ripped through their home, leaving them out in the cold.

The fire started around 2:00am Friday.

Smoke plumes could be seen when our crews arrived at the home in the 200 block of Newtown Place.

Firefighters say it started in the garage, but quickly spread to the rest of the home.

The couple who owns the home was inside when the fire started, but made it out safely. They are getting help from the Red Cross.

Firefighters got the fire under control just before 3:00am Friday. The Metro West Fire Department handled the fire.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News