Electrical fire at SLU’s DeMattias Hall; no injuries

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - Firefighters rushed to Saint Louis University's campus to respond to an early morning fire Friday.

It happened at a nine-story dormitory.  The fire started on the fourth floor of DeMattias Hall.  Firefighters say smoke filled the dorm around 1:45am Friday.   Dozens of students live in DeMattias Hall.

Moments after smoke alarms sounded, firefighters were on the way.  When they arrived, the fire was only smoldering, but they had to use fans to clear smoke from the building.

After an investigation, firefighters learned the source of the fire was an electrical panel on the fourth floor.

FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.

Popular

Latest News

More News