Explosion injures three Scouts at meeting outside Litchfield

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

RAYMOND, IL (KTVI) - An explosion injured three scouts at an introduction to scouting meeting Monday evening.  The group was mixing chemicals to create a spooky Halloween effect.  Then something went wrong.

Scout leaders were mixing boric acid and anti-freeze in a metal fire pit.  The goal was to make the flames turn green. An explosion burned three or four people. Three 9-13 year-olds were air-lifted to the hospital.  They had burns to their arms and faces.  An adult was transported by ambulance to a hospital in Litchfield.  No word yet on the adult's condition.


FOX 2 Newsletters

Sign up for a newsletter from FOX 2 to get updates about news and weather. We offer daily headlines, breaking news, severe weather, and forecast emails.


Latest News

More News